I’ve been blogging for about a year and a half now, and I realized I’ve never written a blog post devoted entirely to me and who I am. So here it is: 10 facts about me that you may or may not already know. And if you want to know more, feel free to comment below!
1. I am vegan, but when there’s no other choice I eat fish or dairy (mostly in restaurants). This rarely happens and makes my stomach hurt (although I do really love cheese). I’m not one of those vegans who eats a tomato when there’s no vegan option on offer. I haven’t eaten meat in over three years though and I am sure I never will again.
2. I am Dutch, but I grew up in Italy where I lived until I was 17. That’s also where my insane pasta obsession comes from and nothing says comfort food to me like a nice, hot plate of risotto on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
3. My original hair colour is dark blondish, which is the most boring hair colour there is. This is why I’ve been highlighting it since I was 16 years old.
4. I have six siblings: two brothers and four sisters, although three of them are half-siblings. I love having such a big family.
5. Until I was 20 I was 100% sure I never wanted children and this changed when I met my (current) boyfriend. Now I am pretty sure that becoming a mother will be the most amazing experience I’ll ever have.
6. Getting my driver’s license was one of the most difficult and challenging times of my life. It’s the one test I ever took where I was sure I would fail. Also, taking driving lessons with my boyfriend almost ended our relationship (I am not kidding).
7. I could eat junk food every day. I especially love French fries, the greasier the better!
8. I hate it when people squeeze plastic packaging bags at the supermarket (for example cereal or pasta). The sound drives me absolutely insane!
9. My favorite part of the day is my morning cup of coffee, while my least favorite part is brushing my teeth before I go to bed. I know it only takes a few minutes, but it feels like hours!
10. I’ve been biting my nails for as long as I can remember and I CAN’T STOP. Trust me, I’ve tried. And if I’m honest, I kind of enjoy it (sick, I know).
It’s not the whole story, but it’s a small part :). I could type up 50 more facts, but that might be a little too intense. Besides, I put a little bit of myself in every blogpost I write, which means you’ll get to know me a little better every day. And I’ll soon start making videos as well, which I’m very excited about. Stay tuned and thanks for reading!